Monday, September 1, 2014

All about me...


I've lived in many states growing up and it all started in San Jose, California where I was born 17 years ago. My older sister Regan who is 20 years of age also was born in San Jose.  I lived in San Jose for about a year when we decided to move to Boston, Massachusetts and moved quickly to Austin, Texas where eventually my mom got pregnant with my younger brother Aidan who is now 13. We lived in Austin for about 3 years when the heat became too much but mostly because my dad found a job out in Colorado. Ever since we moved here 12 years ago I've loved every part of it. I love going skiing in the winter and camping in the summer. Colorado is an all around great state to live in and I love it here.

I've played a lot of sports throughout my childhood from swimming and softball to soccer and basketball. When I was about 12 years old I started playing competitive soccer and realized 4 years into it that I was done being a benchwarmer. Although I was very good at keeping seats warm for all the starters I eventually decided that I was ready to move on to something else that I could help and contribute to and that was basketball. I love basketball and have enjoyed it since the day I stepped onto the court. For the past 5 years I have been playing competitive on a club team. Instead if being a cheerleader on the sidelines on the soccer fields I've actually developed a lot of skills throughout the years and can finally consider myself a part of the team. Along with playing basketball I also love watching NBA on TV and always rooting for my ultimate favorite team Golden State Warriors! And if I had to choose a number one best player it would be Steph Curry. Steph is such a great leader on the Golden State Warriors and I look up to him because he has a great attitude toward things.


This picture represents a part of me because throughout middle school was a time especially for me and  probably others to fit in. The whole goal in middle school was to look alike and that's what I fell into  throughout my middle school experience. I would try and look like and even try and act like my friends just so I could fit in. I would text my friends or they would text me the night before asking what we were going to wear the next day so we didn't feel like other students were going to judge us. As I look back now I've noticed that middle school is all about popularity in my opinion. Girls try and interact with boys and vise versa, which I'm not saying is a bad thing. I've realized when I looked back that I fell under all of those categories and was very aware who I hung out with, what I wore, and mostly if I fit in. I'd painted a picture of what I wanted to be as a person and realized that people don't care about that. That the background of the picture is maybe more important then the actual picture itself. I recognized that none of it mattered. In my mind what even is "popularity" anymore because to me it's just a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment