Sunday, September 7, 2014

A Memoir I Wish to Read

The world is a scary place when it comes to people. Yes, there are a lot of nice people out there but at the same time there are a lot of bad people including robbers, murders, kidnappers, etc. This book, A Stolen Life written by Jaycee Dugard is simply about a typical young girl who gets kidnapped. Who knows what this creepy stranger has been doing to this innocent girl for the past decade but the only thing I know is that whatever he's doing isn't good. To me, this book looks very appealing and interesting. Although the whole aspect of a young girl getting kidnapped isn't the definition of a good book in some eyes I tend to find books like these engaging to read.

When we got assigned to read a memoir as a project I knew what type of book I wanted to read. I was very excited to read A Stolen Life when my La teacher recommended it to me. Unfortunately, when it was time to sign up for a memoir to read I saw that multiple students in my class had already signed up to read it which was very aggravating. When talking to my teacher again about memoirs she recommended and another book caught my eye and that book was Lucky by Alice Sebold. Which is very similar to A Stolen Life. I'm really excited to read this book and in the future I will definitely be reading A Stolen Life.





Life's a roller coaster, strap in

No comments:

Post a Comment