Monday, September 15, 2014

A Memoir...

What would the world be like without rapists? No one will ever know but I'll tell you this it would be a lot more harmless and careless. Our world today has developed into a scary place with all these "outsiders" that appear all around us. The memoir I'm reading, Lucky written by Alice Sebold expresses her experience throughout college and how it changed her life forever. Alice was raped as a freshman which led to a conclusion to not just her but everyone that you can't trust anyone these days.

As I approach college next fall it's a scary thing to imagine. As we have waited our whole lives for this moment. The excitement of living on our own, making our own decisions, and finding ourselves is a exciting but at the same time is a frightening thing as well. As we all hear, college is life changing and the best time of others' lives we tend to find out about students getting killed from alcohol poisoning or raping which eventually leads to suicide. I have yet to think about this stuff until I starting reading this book. But as I was starting to read this book my mom sitting in the same room as me told me something that recently happened to my cousin who is attending college as a freshman. When saying goodnight to her good guy friend one night he started walking in her room closed the door acting very suspicious. She knew something was up and started screaming. If it wasn't for her instant reaction she would of been in trouble. After my mom told me that I started getting very nervous about the whole college thing. I've learned that I shouldn't trust anyone because who knows what that person will do.



No comments:

Post a Comment